Friday, October 12, 2007

Lots of Smoke and Oil.

Helga decided that she had enough this morning and while filtering through traffic on the A3 north bound at the Queen Elizabeth Country park, I notice I seemed to be producing rather a lot of smoke.
So I pull over to the junction of the entrance in to the park and notice smoke poring off my bike, so I shut off the engine and then see all the oil. First i think its coming out off the exhaust, but it looks more like its from the underside of the bike as its covered most of the back end and tyre. Lucky I managed to keep it upright, as there is nice oil trail left by me as I come off the road!
At the same time another bike pulled off with me and asked if I was OK and checked that I had recovery and a phone (the guy was on a new Gixer). So that was nice. He said he thought it was a bit foggy when he joined the dual carriageway then noticed it was me... lol.

Managed to get quickly recovered by a guy in a proper motorcycle recovery van with the floor that drops, got to me nice and quick and he was nice and chatty, so that was good. SOS recovery I think, so I will recommend them in the future, and might write a letter to Carol Nash to say how happy I was.

Anyway, here are the picks, first 2 are at the side of the A3 and the others are taken on my drive.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home