Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Extending the fuse box.

As I have fitted the ZX 636 shock to my SV this has meant that I have had to move my battery up, due to this there is not much room for my fuse box. So in order to get it to fit under the rear seat rather then the front I've had to extend it, which as you can see is no quick task. So after I finished making my battery tray I got started with the wiring, with first cut of the current wiring being a bit scary but it was done. I know that all wire I have used is of mixed colour, but the most important thing is to ensure that a little bit of the existing wire as clear at each end. That way you can match the colours up and but sure not to mix any up.
A few of the wires where hard to join up as they had rusted and would not hold the solder, so I had to clean them up with a wire brush. Once this was done the wiring was heat shrink wrapped and prepped to wire back up to the fuse box, which I was also adding in the wiring for my new alarm.
As you can see by the final picture the whole lot was wrapped in electrical insulation tape, so it looks all nice and tidy now
All play has stopped now as it decided to start raining again, but next I need to finish off the alarm wiring and then test.
I have tested that bike fires up still so hopefully I have not screwed any of it up with a bad solder.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home