Friday, January 27, 2006

Day 3

Rather nice weather today and yesterday's fuel figures are now complete, though I would like to point out that I did get caught in a bit of traffic so this may have some affect on the results. It required rather a lot more filtering then I normally do, plus it was a tad colder then today. Not the worse, but still cold, I think -3 at night.
Today's cost for the last lot of travel was £13.45 for 14.17 litres:

(Mpg 42.35) KM per Litre:14.99 Pence per mile:10.19

A little increase there, but then I may have been a little heaver on the throttle and that traffic would have not helped. Lots of braking and gear changes....
Also by now the fuel in the bike should just be the BP Ultimate stuff, no Mirrisons unleaded mixed with Pro FSTadditivee.
Next might show some different results as I am having to travel do the A3 to work and then the M25 and M3, as there are some road works starting in the A325 for 34 weeks! So I might as well just consider that a closed road, I can on imagine the congestion that could cause on a busy single carriage way.
The taffic this morning was much more free flowing, and I tried to keep the bike below 6k rpm most of the way. The temp was about 2 C.
If next week goes well I plan on testing Shells Optimax and Tesco's Super Unleaded.

Spark plugs changed, plus a few more miles of town riding added to pick them up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home