Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Fuel Experiment

Just lately my GT has be running rather rough, possibley due to the cold weather and carb icing and possibly bad spark plugs. This is giving me some rather awfull fueling. I sometimes get home with the reseve light flashing, which normally never happens. So other then replacing the spark plugs which I'm doing later this afternoon I though I'd give some of the BP Ultimate fuel a try. After all its ment to give you a cleaner engine, better performance, Better fuel economy, and less polution. I've also been told it may even inprove the problems with carb icing, so I thought what the hell.
The fuel is rather more expensive at 94.9 per litre, compared to the 86.9 I get from Morrision, but maybe just maybe that cheap fuel is not doing my bike much good. The bike can't drink the fuel much worse then it is and it was almost empty due to a rather hungry trip. £17.51 later for 18.45 litres the bike is full and I'm off, I can say when I got to work the bike appears to be running better with less cut outs and what appears to be more fuel left. Lets see what happens over the next few days.

Current fuel figures. (newest - oldest)
(Mpg 34.5) KM per Litre:12.21 Pence per mile:11.45 (very cold day)
(Mpg 38.7) KM per Litre:13.7 Pence per mile:10.21 (cold day)
(Mpg 43.03) KM per Litre:15.23 Pence per mile:9.07 (nice - bit wet)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home