Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mobile on the Move

Some of you may not be aware but in the UK now its illegal to use your hand held mobile phone while driving. Something us bikers are glad of, as car have enough distractions with out them driving with one had on the phone to the there partner/lover/boss/both/eta, and not seeing us.
But it seems the closer I get to London the less this law applies to the people around it. Today I had to resist the urge as I filtered though traffic (not illegal I might add) to tell some woman off. I was thinking of tapping on the window and saying something.. but what????? " Excuse me, do you mind paying attention to the road please, some of use are trying to get from A to B without betting knocked off."
And if she ignored me? Rev the bike until she hangs up?... mmmh sounds like a plan.
Feel free to add some more suggestions.
(repeated in my other blog as I thought it was important)

2 Comments:

At 6:17 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I guess rude people in traffic are the same the world over. Did you see Joe's posting on tailgating? It is quite funny. Over here, we just had a bank robbing woman who could not even get off her cell phone while she was robbing the banks. They caught her though, but not until she had robbed 5 banks with her ear attached to her cell phone.
jljum

 
At 3:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flash one of those blue keyring lights in her rear mirror!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home