Friday, November 17, 2006

Metzeler Sportec M1 Tyre

A couple of weeks ago I changed my tyres from the Metzeler Sportec M1's to Continental Road Attacks, so I thought I should right a little review of the Metzeler tyres.

The tyres where both grippy and responsive to feel, performing well in both dry and wet conditions. Which seems to agree with other reviews that I have read. My only real complaint is the wear time, I have seen comments that state that the tyre has harder centre compounds. Thus reducing the wear time, and keeping the softer compound on the side to increase grip. I still found they only managed 5,500 miles, which some may think is good. Is not great to me, especially after they replaced my Old set of Road Attacks that managed 8,500 mile before a nail destroyed them. Even then they had lots of wear left.
In reality I would say they felt the same as the old BT020's that I used to have fitted, with the same feel and wear.
So overall good tyre it you do a few long journey's, with nice grip for throwing the bike about. But don't bother if your a commuter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home