Thursday, September 18, 2008

Whiney Clutch

On the way to work I noticed that my clutch basket whine was getting audible over my exhaust noise, which is rather impressive considering I have a un-baffled can at the moment (its on loan). I carried on to work but I was getting little worried, but so put it down to the low oil and purchased some more at lunch time. This was not the case as I could still hear the noise from the bike, and it was clearly coming from the basket.
So after much umming and erring I took the cover off, cap off again and had a look, noticing what looked like a grove in the cover on its inside. Time to take the cover off, to which I found the damage to the right, clear groves out of the plastic cover. Got job it is plastic to, else it could have been much worse.
Turns out that the problem is one of the clutch springs had worked is way loose and was in the process of rubbing my clutch cover away, so after a good tighten I got it back together again. Surprisingly enough the noise was gone!
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home