Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Running on Fumes

Even though my fuel experiment is on hold at the moment while I wait for warmer weather, I'm still doing other things. The last one was seeing how far I can get on a 'tank' of petrol. The SV has a fuel system that states when the light starts flashing you need to start looking for more fuel. Once it moves on to solid its time to find petrol or stand at the side of the road. I've never been sure how far I can get before I really need to fill up so I had a little test.
137 miles fuel light started to flash.
160 miles fuel light goes solid.
182 miles I stop at petrol station and fill up, apart from the shocking price all seems fine. And the bike take 15.58 Litres, in a 16 Litre tank. So 0.42 Litres left, little bit more than what you'll find in a can of cola.
(Mpg 53.1) KM per Litre:18.8 Pence per mile:8.38 Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home