Monday, September 19, 2005

My Insurance Woes

4 months ago I got recovered for a flat tyre, my recovery company sent out the wrong type of transporter and the bike fell off when it was being loaded. I was on the bike guiding it up the (single) ramp at the operators request (else I would have never got on). He appears to have run out of push, and the bike fell off (no where to put my feet as I was on the ramp), causing enough damage to have it written off and injuring my knee. I've had to claim on my insurance as they are being funny about it, offering me the value of the bike but wanting me to sign a waver so that I would not pursue them for personal injury. I've gone though a Solicitor's as my knee is stuffed and now click's and causes me pain. I've never had a problem before, I just hope its OK riding the bike though the winter.
On top of that my insurance company seem to be a inept bunch of fools, loosing my paper work and forgetting to forward it on to the required departments and assessors. Meaning its now taken months for the claim to go though and I'm getting more and more annoyed. I've even had the added stress of the Royal Mail loosing my MOT, and having to wait 15 day's before they would 'declare' it lost. So now I have to claim back the cost to get a duplicate made. I just hope it all gets sorted very soon before I explode down the phone at someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home